Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Last Moth



This was just another idea floating around in my head, which has been a sea of ideas for short animated films. It's been a while since I've done anything moody or depressing, so I've been wanting to explore these feelings a bit further lately through my work.

The rough idea is that moths are powerful, yet fragile beings that keep a critical balance in nature's energy, and they're dying off. So this little critter steps up to the challenge of trying to save them. She is shown here cradling the last remaining moth. I wanted to show a lot of storytelling with this as well, framing the two with an indication of death and decay, the dead tree. Nothing is growing here but a few weeds and moss, and the sky is dreary and overcast.

Digital, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment