Thursday, December 30, 2010

John Dilworth Likes my Sketchbook...!!!


Every now and then, The School of Visual Arts will host ASIFA events inviting special guests(animators/directors/filmmakers/etc.) to speak and present work for the students and faculty. I've been trying to keep up with as many as I can, each one is an enlightening learning experience. So for one such event, creator of Courage the Cowardly Dog and SVA alumni John Dilworth payed a visit to promote his nutty new film RINKY DINK. He brought along a few other guests like Courage's voice actor, and two of the guys he got to compose his music, who later gave an impromptu musical performance! I had already gotten the pleasure to meet John months before at the Animation Show of Shows in New York City last year. All I can say is he's a great guy who's completely OFF his ROCKER.
During the presentation, I drew a quick doodle of Courage off the top of my head on the back cover of my sketchbook in hopes that he and the voice actor would grace it with their John Hancocks. And wouldn't you know it? They happily agreed! After all, these are two guys that helped define my childhood with such a great cartoon. It's an honor to know them!

No comments:

Post a Comment